Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.

~Philippians 4:4-8

Monday, November 17, 2008

Brag on your Man

I subscribe to a daily email called the Generous Wife. The email includes tips each day on how to be a more generous wife to your husband. Today's tip was to Brag on your Man. I love this idea. Not only does it go along perfectly with my blog (how can you not be thankful when you are bragging on your man!) it is also a wonderful way to honor my husband.

I've heard recently that women need to know they are loved and men need to know they are respected. What better way to show your husband you respect him than to brag on how wonderful, strong and dependable he is. Whether you do it in front of him so he overhears it or if you do it behind his back and he finds out later - it will be a good way to stroke his ego. Women tend to have a need to nurture their family, while a man has a need to provide for their families. Bragging on my man accomplishes both of these objectives!

So here is my bragging for the day about my wonderful husband:

1. He takes care of everything around the house. Not only the traditional "guy" chores such as mowing the lawn and taking out the trash. He also fixes the lawn mower, lays tile and hardwood floors, paints, does the plumbing, tears out showers, rebuilds showers, builds fences, builds sheds, fixes cars, fixes bikes (motorized and pedal), and numerous other things that need to get done. Basically anything that is needing to be done - he is more than capable of taking care of it. I am so blessed!

2. He is an awesome cook! Especially BBQ. He makes an amazing tri trip and has even been encouraged to sell some of his rubs, spice combinations, sauces etc. In addition he makes an awesome queso type dip for chips, cheesecake from scratch and a bleu cheese potato salad and german chocolate cake from scratch that is often specifically requested by our friends.

3. He is a wonderful father - I love to watch him playing with the kids. My boys both imitate everything he does. They are going to grow up to make some lovely young lady as blessed as I am because of my hubby's example. My daughter will grow up to know what it means to be loved and cared for because of his example to her.

4. He is a wonderful husband - he does so many little things for me that others may overlook. However these things mean the world to me.

The Lord has truly blessed me with this wonderful man and I'm thankful everyday for him.

No comments: