Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.

~Philippians 4:4-8

Friday, January 23, 2009

Today's Thankful Heart - Jan 23rd

Today I'm thankful for the Lord's direction and discipline. I received an email from a good friend the other day. It was a very lengthy email which she had forwarded from another friend of hers regarding a dream and its interpretation.

One section of the interpretation spoke very clearly to me about a spirit of indifference in my own life. I've long believed the Church has fallen asleep, but God has made it very clear that although I may be awake enough to recognize that there is a spirit of indifference, I'm not immune to this spirit myself. In fact, He made it quite clear to me that this spirit actually has a much greater hold on me and my walk with Him than I've ever realized.

As I'm looking back through my journal notes, I've come across an entry from just over a week ago. It was a prayer that I wrote in regards to Proverbs 3:11-12.

My son, do not despise the Lord's discipline and do not resent his rebuke, because the Lord disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in.
~ Proverbs 3:11-12

Lord,
Please give me the wisdom to recognize your discipline and to accept it as a gesture of your love for me. Help me to make the necessary changes in my life in regards to this discipline. And thank you for your discipline and rebuke.
In Jesus' Name - Amen

Isn't amazing how the Lord is faithful to answer our prayers when they are in line with His Will!

No comments: