Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.

~Philippians 4:4-8

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Today's Thankful Heart - Jan 6th

Today/this week I'm thankful for:

  • A daughter who surprises me more and more all the time. All my kids are precious, but she is at an age where I'm really starting to see her grow in the Lord and it is amazing and wonderful to see.
  • Being able to homeschool my daughter. Even though I work full time I've been able to participate in a 3 day a week homeschool co-op and homeschool her the other two days. We are both enjoying it so much and it is drawing us closer together as well. Lots of work, but oohhh so worth it!
  • A new Journal! Last night I filled up my journal and today I get to start on a new one! Yeah - I love journaling and starting a new one is always so much fun and so exciting (okay - so maybe I'm a bit of a nerd!)
  • God's faithfulness - this year has not really started out any different from any other. Still just as busy as ever, still have the same worries/issues going on in my life for the most part, but for some reason it just seems different. Brighter and more hopeful for some reason! I know God is at work in my life and in my family no matter our circumstances. It is amazing how that changes things even when nothing on the outside has changed!

No comments: