Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.

~Philippians 4:4-8

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Passover 2009

Last night my house church celebrated Passover for the 2nd year together. It was an amazing night. I ended up taking all three of my children with me which made things interesting. My daughter (7 1/2 years old) did very well and was excited to be able to ask one of the questions during the meal. My boys (4 1/2 and almost 3) were a bit more difficult to manage but everyone there helped and seemed to enjoy them being there. Even when my youngest tipped his cup over on his head (luckily it was pretty much empty!) and my other son kept announcing how very hungry he was, quite loudly, multiple times.

We each had parts in the dinner. We stumbled through some of the parts, but in the end we enjoyed wonderful fellowship with one another, delicious food, some good laughs, and beautiful music and worship. But most importantly we had an amazing time of remeberance of what God has done for His people and for each of us.

So today I am thankful for an amazing God who loves his people so much that he would pursue them and rescue them as he did the Israelites from Egypt and as He did each of us through His Son, Jesus. I'm looking forward to many more years of celebrating the Passover with my brothers and sisters!

No comments: