I am so excited today to introduce two very dear friends of mine, Lynn Donovan and Dineen Miller. These two women, who have inspired me, encouraged me and prayed with me have just had their first book published - "Winning Him Without Words: 10 Keys to Thriving in Your Spiritually Mismatched Marriage" and they have been so kind as to provide me with a copy to give away. So keep reading and LEAVE A COMMENT to be entered to win a FREE copy of this amazing book.
Lynn and Dineen have been ministering to women (and men) in spiritually mismatched marriages for quite some time now through their blog Spiritually Unequal Marriage (SUM) and this book is the next step the Lord has for them in doing His work. These two women understand the unique issues faced by those who love the Lord but are not able to share that love with the person they care most about on this earth, their beloved spouses. They know the frustrations, heartache, misunderstanding and lonliness that can accompany these marriages at times because they have lived through it themselves. However, with the help of the Lord they have learned how to not only survive their differences in marriage, but to thrive despite them! And now they are sharing that wisdom and hope with others.
This is not a "miracle-cure" on how to get your spouse saved or how to get them to be everything you've always wanted them to be. Instead, they give practical advice on how to make changes to the one thing you can control in your marriage - yourself - and how to give up the rest to the One who is in control - God! I truly believe there are some wonderful nuggets in this book that would benefit every marriage, whether spiritually mismatched or not.
They have written this book in such as way that as I read it, I felt that I was sitting across the table from an old friend having coffee. It is so obvious while reading that they can relate to exactly what you are experiencing and have walked the same path. They give practical advice on how to put your trust in God, to have hope in what is often a hopeless situation and learn to enjoy and thrive in the present. They are examples of how you don’t have to wait until your husband puts his faith in God before you can truly enjoy your marriage and share a deep and intimate bond with your spouse.
I personally plan to read this book at least once a year as a reminder that God has enabled me to truly love and cherish my beloved husband whether or not he shares my faith in God.
Inside this book you'll find 10 Christ-centered keys that will release God's love into your marriage, including:
- Commit to Christian community
- Dont' save your husband, save yourself
- Stay connected to your man
- Discover the essentials to love
- Believe your marriage is blessed
- Trade perfection for authenticity
- Pick and choose your battles
- Cherish each new season
- Put on the armor of God
- Pray the most dangerous prayer
• Know You’re Not Alone: (Lynn) Recognizing that we aren’t the only person living in an unequally yoked marriage is a key aspect to restoring hope. Having Christ in our lives enables us to view our husbands as the wonderful man God created, regardless of your different beliefs.
• Don’t Save Your Husband – Save Yourself: (Lynn) The best thing I ever did was to get out of the way so that Jesus could be Jesus. I relinquished control and turned my man completely over to Christ and an unexpected, peaceful freedom emerged in our marriage.
• Trade Perfection for Authenticity: (Dineen) I came to understand that many of my disappointments had come from expectations I’d placed upon him to fulfill needs he wasn’t even aware of. In the end, all I really accomplished was a heart full of resentment.
• Keep Your Armor On-You’re at War! (Dineen) Instead of putting on the label of martyr in a spiritually mismatched marriage, we need to put on the label of missionaries. We need to think of ourselves as soldiers on the front lines of our marriages.
To learn more about this book please visit their website at http://www.winninghimwithoutwords.com/ where you can find more informaiton about the authors, reviews from others (I'm one of them!) and links to purchase the book.
And don't forget to leave a comment here for a chance to win a FREE copy of the book. But before you do, please take a moment to watch this video of Lynn and Dineen talking about their new book.