Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.

~Philippians 4:4-8

Monday, March 16, 2009

Today's Thankful Heart - March 16th

I've not been posting much lately on any of my blogs. But that is NOT because I'm not thankful. In fact it is just the opposite. I've had so much to be thankful for but with that I've been extremely busy and my blogging has suffered.

So today I'm thankful for, praise God for:
  • My new job - I've just recently finished the training of my replacement for my previous position at my work and I also just finished my last quarter end. I'll still be affected a bit by quarter ends, but not in such a way that my children don't see me for 2 weeks at a time. This is my first full week working in my new position and I am loving it. The work keeps me busy and I am really enjoying what I do. And my new manager is great!
  • My parents - My parents are down visiting right now. Our three children are their only grandchildren and the kids love that grandpa & grandma are having a "sleep-over" with us. I wish we saw them more often.
  • My husband - He is an amazing guy. I now have a bathroom with not only a wall and shower that has been fixed, but one that looks like a spa. I also have a new mattress and bedroom set which he was able to find for next to nothing which is beautiful. My hubby is amazing even without these things, but I realize more and more every day that I am blessed. He takes wonderful care of myself and our family even right now when things are tight for us. Words can not even express how much I love him and how much I appreciate all he does for us. My mom just got my youngest a pair of pajamas that say "My Daddy is my Hero!" All I can say is that I love that my children look up to my husband as their hero and he is my hero as well.

No comments: