Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.

~Philippians 4:4-8

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Love Dare - Getting Started

I've recently went through the Love Dare with a group of other women. While doing this I decided this "dare" can have benefits in my life far surpassing just my marriage, although that is the most important. I've decided to go back through the book and the dares myself, but at a slower pace in order to let each dare really sink in and become a part of my life. I think this may end up being a 120 day dare. I've also decided this is something I want to revisit at least once a year.

As I go back through this book, I've decided to blog what I learn here. I plan to be very transparent as long as it does not disrespect my dear husband or our marriage in anyway. I've also decided to start a journal to my beloved which I pray someday I am able to give to him. For now, I'm just writing in it what I'm learning through these dares and expressing my love and appreciation for him.

I hope you'll consider joining me in this journey and please feel free to leave any comments you may have. My ultimate goal is to learn what true unconditional love is as the Lord reveals things to me through these dares.

No comments: