Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.

~Philippians 4:4-8

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The rule of life for wives

I'm reading Chapter 4 in the Helpmeet book today. Here is a quote that I came across that made me stop and examine how I've been living my life -

This, then, is the rule of life for wives: Live with thanksgiving, forgiveness, and joy, and enjoy all your moments as if they were your last. Someday, soon enough, they will be.

Hmm . . . I can't say that I've lived my marriage this way, let alone my life. How much would my marriage, my children and my life change if I could get this down?

I recently was part of a Bible Study called One Month to Live and this same concept came up, although written a bit diffrently. In the end though it was the same thing. All of my relationships in life whether it be as a wife, a mother, a daughter, a friend or even with my God - they all change dramatically when I decide to change my perspective and live in this manner.

No comments: